The Licensed Practical Nurse is responsible for providing direct patient care under the supervision of a registered nurse, in a manner consistent with standards of practice. Responsibilities include following the plan of care, providing treatments, and working collaboratively with the members of the team to help meet positive patient care outcomes.
· Graduate of an accredited nursing school.
· Currently licensed in Louisiana as a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
· Three years of full-time experience as an LPN; Hospital experience preferred.
· Current BLS/CPR certification
· ACLS Certification; preferred
· Strong written/verbal communication, organizational and customer service skills a must.
· Good physical stamina, mental health and personal hygiene habits.
· Strong attention to detail
· Good oral, written and organizational skills; computer literate and familiar with Microsoft Office software
· Understands the healthcare philosophy of care and has empathy for the ill, along with their loved ones.
· Proven experience and ability to work in a team-based environment.
· Ability to read, follow directions, work independently, and operate mobile documentation device.
· Exceptional organizational skills, effective time management, ability to multi-task while still paying close attention to detail
· Ability to take initiative and to see projects through to completion.
· Ability to work collaboratively and compassionately with other staff in a fast growing, fast paced, and changing work environment.
· Team player who shares and participates in the vision and goals of ASLH.
· Ability to maintain confidentiality.
1. Provides direct patient care as defined in State Nurse Practice Act.
2. Implements current nursing practice following a comprehensive assessment and the plan of care.
3. Observe, record, and report to the registered nurse on the general physical and mental condition of the patient.
4. Administer prescribed medications and treatments as permitted by the State or Local regulations.
5. Receive orders from the physician and follow those that are within the realm of practice for an LPN and within the standards of nursing practice.
6. Ensure quality and safe delivery of nursing services to patients/families/caregivers.
7. Provide accurate and timely documentation of patient services to reflect the plan of care and ALSH policies and procedures.
8. Assess and provide patient and family/caregiver education and information pertinent to diagnosis and self-plan of care.
9. Participates in coordination of nursing services, appropriately reporting the identified needs to the interdisciplinary team. Examples include CNA, OT, PT, ST, Dietitian or Case Manager.
10. Uses equipment and supplies effectively and efficiently.
11. Provides appropriate pain/symptom management. Evaluates patient’s response to treatments/medications.
12. Participates in personal, professional growth and development.
13. Participates in quality assessment performance improvement teams and activities.
The above statements are intended to be a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. The incumbents may be requested to perform job-related tasks or special projects, other than those stated in this description, by supervisors/Leadership Team.
Reports to the Director of Nursing; Works closely with all staff RNs, & APRN’s, receiving instructions/direction as necessary.